MyLife is a data broker site that publishes your personal information online. This free guide can be used to complete a MyLife opt-out and remove your listing, or you can use DeleteMe to opt-out of all major data brokers.
DeleteMe MyLife Opt-Out Review
MyLife collects and posts all kinds of personal information publicly online. Opting-out requires you to contact MyLife over email or by phone. After that, your listing should be removed within 7-10 business days.
What is MyLife?
Although their company “goals” may seem noble, MyLife is just another data broker website. They present themselves as a reputation management website, when really they are the ones publicizing your private information. MyLife claims to have over 300 million Public Pages, indicating the popularity of this data broker among consumers.
When data broker sites like MyLife create a listing for you, it is likely to show up in Google when people search for your name. The result might look something like this:
As you can see, they advertise having your contact information, and also list your relatives’ names. This is the kind of information that people look for when they are looking for a target to take advantage of.
What kind of information do they collect?
MyLife will most likely display your name, age, address, and family members, while also occasionally displaying your ethnicity, religion, income, social media profiles, birthday–even what kind of car you drive! Here is a sample of what I could find about one of my family members, from just a quick and free search.
Knowledge like your birthday, income, and home address is definitely not the kind of information you want strangers to be able to access.
If that wasn’t enough to creep you out, MyLife has been involved with legal issues in the past for allegedly scamming its members, as well as hacking members’ address books to scam their family and friends.
How do they find this information?
MyLife aggregates information they find about you from public government documents, social media, and other sources, plus personal reviews written by others. Unfortunately, it’s completely legal for MyLife and other data brokers to publish your information online. Luckily, there are ways to remove your information from the site.
How to Opt-Out of MyLife: Step-by-Step
There are two ways to opt-out of MyLife. The first is over email:
- Go to mylife.com and type in your name and zip code. Click the “See Reputation Score” button. Then it will bring you to a results page, where you can find your listing. Click “See Background & Reputation Score” to go to your profile.
- Then it will bring you to a results page, where you can find your listing. Click “See Background & Reputation Score” to go to your profile.
- The next page is your MyLife profile, likely full of your personal information. Copy the url.
- Compose an email to email@example.com, asking them to remove your profile (include the url from Step 2). Here is a sample email:
- Within a few minutes, you will get an email telling you that they have received your request and will fulfill it in 7-10 business days.
You can also call their customer service and ask that they remove your information:
- Call MyLife at (888) 704-1900 and press 2 to speak to an operator. Their customer service operators are available Monday through Friday from 6am to 7pm PST, and Saturday and Sunday from 6am to 5pm PST.
- Have the following information on hand: name, age, date of birth, email, current address, and one previous address. Tell them that you want your listing removed and provide the information that they ask for. Once they confirm removal, the listing will be off the site in 7-10 days.
- You should also ask them to remove any profiles that may exist for you on affiliated sites; data brokers often share their databases.
Make it easy- use DeleteMe!
As you can see, these sites make it pretty tough to remove your information, and there are many more data brokers out there! You can use Abine’s DIY opt-out guide and remove your listing from each site yourself, or save your valuable time and effort by having Abine do it!
DeleteMe is our premium privacy service that does the tough work of removing your private information from the web. Plus, DeleteMe monitors for your information year-round, and sends you a report every four months to keep you protected.
Abine, Inc. is The Online Privacy Company. Founded in 2009 by MIT engineers and financial experts, Abine’s mission is to provide easy-to-use online privacy tools and services to everybody who wants them. Abine’s tools are built for consumers to help them control the personal information companies, third parties, and other people see about them online.
DeleteMe by Abine is a hands-free subscription service that removes personal information from public online databases, data brokers, and people search websites.
Blur by Abine is the only password manager and digital wallet that also blocks trackers, and helps users remain private online by providing ‘Masked’ information whenever companies are asking for personal information.
Abine’s solutions have been trusted by over 25 million people worldwide.