DeleteMe’s TransUnion Review
TransUnion is a credit reporting agency that supplies personal information in marketing lists to creditors and insurers, which use these lists to make firm offers of credit or insurance. To remove yourself from TransUnion, you do so using Opt-Out Prescreen. To do this, you must fill out and mail their opt-out form. After this, it is not clear how long it will take them to remove your information.
|Speed: 5, Slowest||Difficulty: 5, Hardest|
How to Remove Yourself from TransUnion via Opt-Out Prescreen
Complete the Opt-Out / Opt-In request form:
1. Go to their online form athttps://www.optoutprescreen.com/selection.
2. Scroll to the bottom, select “Permanent Opt-Out by Mail”, and click “Continue”.3
3. They will ask for your name and address. Your social security number and date of birth are not required, and we recommend not giving it.
4. Fill out the security letters and click “Confirm”.
5. Print out and mail the “Permanent Opt-Out Election form” to:
Innovis Consumer Assistance
PO Box 495
Pittsburgh, PA 45230-1689
It may take a while for your letter to get there and for your information to be removed from their database.
Don’t have the time?
DeleteMe is our premium privacy service that removes you from more than 30 data brokers like Whitepages, Spokeo, BeenVerified, plus many more.
Save 20% on DeleteMe when you use the code DIYPRIVACY.