We also provide important information for visitors located in Europe and the United Kingdom below.
Table of Contents
Personal Information We Collect
Information you provide to us. Personal information you provide to us through the Services may include:
- Contact information, such as your first and last name, email address, phone number, professional title and organization name.
- Profile information, such as your username and password and any account preferences for the Services.
- Datasheet information. When enrolling in the service, you will be asked to fill out a datasheet with personal data fields that you can choose to complete so that we can find instances of data brokers holding that data about you and have it deleted. The kinds of categories that you can provide and thus have us search against include first name, middle name, last name or surname/family name, date of birth, gender, email addresses, phone numbers, street addresses, relatives’ names, employers, political affiliation, and ethnicity (“Datasheet Data”). This Datasheet Data information is used to provide the DeleteMe service, specifically to search for listings containing your personal information on data broker websites and to have them removed. Providing this Datasheet Data information to us is entirely optional. The more information you provide, the more data points we can search against and the more listings we can potentially find and have deleted.
- Feedback or correspondence, such as information you provide when you contact us with questions, feedback, or otherwise correspond with us.
- Usage information, such as information about how you use the Services and interact with us, including information you provide when you use any interactive features of the Services.
- Marketing information, such as your preferences for receiving communications about our products, activities, and publications, and details about how you engage with our communications.
Information we obtain from other third parties. We may receive personal information about you from third-party sources, such as marketing partners, publicly-available sources, and data providers.
Cookies and Other Information Collected by Automated Means. We, our service providers, and our business partners may automatically log information about you, your computer or mobile device, and activity occurring on or through the Services. The information that may be collected automatically includes your computer or mobile device operating system type and version number, manufacturer and model; device identifier; browser type; screen resolution; IP address; the website you visited before browsing to our website; general location information such as city, state or geographic area; and information about your use of and actions on the Services, such as pages or screens you viewed, how long you spent on a page or screen, navigation paths between pages or screens, information about your activity on a page or screen, access times, and length of access. Our service providers and business partners may collect this type of information over time and across third-party websites and mobile applications.
How We Use Your Personal Information
To operate the Services. We use your personal information to:
- provide, operate, and improve the Services including using your Datasheet Data to search for listings containing your personal information on data broker websites and requesting that information be removed from those data broker websites;
- establish and maintain your user profile on the Services;
- facilitate social features of the Services, such as our blog;
- communicate with you about the Services, including by sending you announcements, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- understand your interests and personalize your experience with the Services;
- provide support and maintenance for the Services; and
- respond to your requests, questions and feedback.
For research and development. We analyze use of the Services to improve the Services and to develop new products and services.
To send you marketing and promotional communications. We may send you marketing communications as permitted by law. You can opt out of our marketing and promotional communications as described below.
To comply with law. We use your personal information as we believe necessary or appropriate to comply with applicable laws, lawful requests, and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities.
For compliance, fraud prevention, and safety. We may use your personal information and disclose it to law enforcement, government authorities, and private parties as we believe necessary or appropriate to: (a) protect our, your, or others’ rights, privacy, safety, or property (including by making and defending legal claims); (b) enforce the terms and conditions that govern the Services; and (c) protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical, or illegal activity.
With your consent. In some cases we may specifically ask for your consent to collect, use, or share your personal information, such as when required by law.
To create anonymous data. We may create aggregated and other anonymous data from your personal information and other individuals whose personal information we collect. We make personal information into anonymous data by removing information that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We may use this anonymous data and share it with third parties for our lawful business purposes, including to analyze and improve the Services and promote our business.
How We Share Your Personal Information
Datasheet Data Disclosures
Any Datasheet Data you enter on your datasheet may be disclosed by us to third parties such as data broker websites in the form of searches containing your personal information, to provide the Services. Such Datasheet Data disclosures are solely to request, on your behalf, that your personal information be removed from those data broker websites, and we do not share your Datasheet Data with third parties for any other reason.
General Data Disclosures
Service providers. We may share your personal information with third-party companies and individuals that provide services on our behalf or help us operate the Services (such as customer support, hosting, analytics, email delivery, marketing, communications and database management services). These third parties may use your personal information only as authorized by their contracts with us.
Third-party platforms and social media networks. If you have enabled features or functionality that connect the Services to a third-party platform or social media network (such as by connecting your account with a third party to the Services or sharing content via a third-party platform), we may disclose the personal information that you authorized us to share (excluding your Datasheet Data). We do not control the third party’s use of your personal information.
Professional advisors. We may disclose your personal information to professional advisors, such as lawyers, bankers, auditors, and insurers, where necessary in the course of the professional services that they render to us.
For compliance, fraud prevention and safety. We may share your personal information for the compliance, fraud prevention and safety purposes described above.
Government Requests. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in this policy, we may preserve or disclose your information if we believe that it is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation, or legal request or to protect the safety, property, or rights of DeleteMe or others. However, nothing in this policy is intended to limit any legal defenses or objections that you may have to a third party or government request to disclose your information.
Business transfers. We may sell, transfer, or otherwise share some or all of our business or assets, including your personal information, in connection with a (potential) business transaction such as a corporate divestiture, merger, consolidation, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets, or in the event of bankruptcy or dissolution.
In this section, we describe the rights and choices available to all users. Users who are located within Europe can find additional information about their rights below.
Access or update your information. If you have registered for an account with us, you may review and update certain personal information, including Datasheet Data, in your account profile by logging into your account.
Opt out of marketing communications. You may opt out of marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of the email. You may continue to receive service-related and other non-marketing emails.
Do Not Track and Global Privacy Control. Some Internet browsers may be configured to send “Do Not Track” signals to the online services that you visit. We currently do not respond to “Do Not Track” or similar signals. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” please visit www.allaboutdnt.com.
Choosing not to share your personal information. Where we are required by law to collect your personal information, or where we need your Datasheet Data to provide the Services to you, if you do not provide this information when requested (or you later ask to delete it), we may not be able to provide you with the Services. We will tell you what information you must provide to receive the Services by designating it as required at the time of collection or through other appropriate means. As described above, while you do not need to fill out your datasheet, we search for your personal data held by data brokers based on what you provide in the datasheet. The more information you provide in your datasheet, the more data points we can search against and the more listings we can potentially find and have deleted.
Third-party platforms or social media networks. If you choose to connect to the Services via a third-party platform or social media network, you may have the ability to limit the information that we may obtain from the third party at the time you connect your third-party account to the Services. Subsequently, you may be able to control your settings through the third-party platform. If you withdraw our ability to access certain information from a third-party platform or social media network, that choice will not apply to information that we have already received from that third party.
Other Sites, Mobile Applications, and Services
The Services may contain links to, or content or features from, other websites and online services operated by third parties. These links are not an endorsement of, or representation that we are affiliated with, any third party. In addition, our content may be included on web pages or in mobile applications or online services that are not associated with us. We do not control third-party websites, mobile applications, or online services, and we are not responsible for their actions. Other websites and services follow different rules regarding the collection, use, and sharing of your personal information. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of the other websites and mobile applications and online services you use.
While we implement safeguards designed to protect your information, no security system is impenetrable and due to the inherent nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee that information, during transmission through the Internet or while stored on our systems or otherwise in our care, is absolutely safe from intrusion by others. We try our best by providing you with leading security practices, like encrypting all requests via a secure connection (HTTPS) and other best practices. We recommend that you take care to manage access to the computers and devices where you are logged in to our application.
International Data Transfers
We are headquartered in the United States and have service providers in other countries, and your personal information (excluding your Datasheet Data that is only stored in the United States) may be transferred outside of your state, province, or country to the United States or other locations where privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your state, province, or country. We will ensure that appropriate measures are in place for compliance with applicable data protection laws in relation to the transfer of your personal information to the United States.
Your California Privacy Rights
Under California law, California residents are entitled to ask us for a notice identifying the categories of personal customer information that we share with certain third parties for marketing purposes, and providing contact information for such third parties. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please submit a written request to us via email at email@example.com. You must put the statement “Your California Privacy Rights” in your request and include your name, street address, city, state, and ZIP code. We are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or do not have complete information.
The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA) and the California Privacy Rights Act of 2020 (CPRA) collectively referred to as the “CCPA/CPRA” provide certain rights to residents of California. If the CCPA/CPRA is applicable to you, you have the right to:
- know the categories of personal information collected about you in the prior 12 months and its sources and business purpose;
- know whether your personal information is sold or disclosed, and to whom, in prior 12 months;
- opt out of the sale or sharing of your personal information;
- access and then delete your personal information (subject to exceptions);
- equal service and price (non-discrimination) if you exercise your privacy rights;
- limit the use of your sensitive personal information; and
- correct your personal information.
“Personal Information” is defined to include information that identifies, relates to, describes, or is capable of being associated with a particular consumer or household. This includes (among other types of personal information) IP addresses, geolocation data, biometric information, and “unique identifiers” such as device and cookie IDs, Internet activity information like browsing history, commercial information such as products or services purchased or consuming histories or tendencies, and characteristics concerning an individual’s race, color, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), age (40 or older), religion, genetic information, sexual orientation, political affiliation, national origin, disability or citizenship status. Inferences drawn from personal information “to create a profile about a consumer reflecting the consumer’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, preferences, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes” are also considered “personal information.”
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to exercise your CCPA/CPRA rights.
Request for Erasure . For identity verification purposes, DeleteMe requires anyone submitting an erasure request to submit the subject’s full name, email address, and home address related to the subject’s DeleteMe account or DeleteMe communications. DeleteMe will submit a verification email to the requestor who will be required to re-authenticate the request for erasure. DeleteMe relies upon this information to ensure the information on the correct individual is removed.
DeleteMe Subscribers Removal of Personal Information. Current members are able to log into their DeleteMe accounts to request personal data deletions on their user dashboards, which will also cancel their DeleteMe service subscriptions because, given the nature of the services we provide, we cannot provide the service without any personal data.
Do Not Sell My Information . We take your privacy seriously. We do not sell our members information. We are not a data broker.
If you are a California resident, you can request information regarding the disclosure, if any, of your personal information by DeleteMe to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com, subject line: CCPA Request.
Your Nevada Rights
You may review and request changes to your information or opt-out of the sale of your personal information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Notice to European Users
The information provided in this section applies only to individuals in the European Economic Area and the United Kingdom (collectively, “Europe”).
Processing purpose (click link for details)
Details regarding each processing purpose listed below are provided in the section above titled “How We Use Your Personal Information”.
|To operate the Services||Processing is necessary to perform the contract governing our provision of the Services or to take steps that you request prior to signing up for the Services. If we have not entered into a contract with you, we process your personal information based on our legitimate interest in providing the Services you access and request.|
|These activities constitute our legitimate interests.|
|To comply with law||Processing is necessary to comply with our legal obligations.|
|With your consent||Processing is based on your consent. Where we rely on your consent you have the right to withdraw it at any time in the manner indicated when you consent or in the Services.|
Sensitive personal information . We ask that you not provide us with any unnecessary sensitive personal information (e.g., social security number, government-issued identification, payment card information, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, biometrics or genetic characteristics, criminal background or trade union membership) outside of what is required to provide the Services. All fields where sensitive data is requested in our product or service are optional for completion.
We retain personal information where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with a service you have requested; to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements; to establish or defend legal claims; or for fraud prevention). When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
Data is stored in line with our internal retention policy. Identifying data provided by an active DeleteMe member will be retained for as long as the individual has a membership, plus 6 months. The 6 month buffer provides time for: any legal obligations, as well as a reasonable time-frame whereby the customer may reactivate their membership. Payment data will be stored for at least 7 years in line with the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) of the United States.
European data protection laws give you certain rights regarding your personal information. If you are located within Europe, you may ask us to take the following actions in relation to your personal information that we hold:
- Access. Provide you with information about how we process your personal information and give you access to your personal information.
- Correct. Update or correct inaccuracies in your personal information.
- Delete. Delete your personal information.
- Transfer. Transfer a machine-readable copy of your personal information to you or a third party of your choice.
- Restrict. Restrict the processing of your personal information.
- Object. Object to our reliance on our legitimate interests as the basis of our processing of your personal information that impacts your rights.
Please contact our EU Representative to submit these requests. We may request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and process your request. Applicable law may require or permit us to decline your request. If we decline your request, we will tell you why, subject to legal restrictions. If you would like to submit a complaint about our use of your personal information or our response to your requests regarding your personal information, you may contact our EU Representative or submit a complaint to the data protection regulator in your jurisdiction. You can find your data protection regulator here.
Our EU representative is our point of contact for EU data subjects and data protection supervisory authorities. To get in touch with our representative, please contact:
Postal Address: Pridatect, Pridatect, S.L., C/ del Marqués de Campo, nº 13, 46007, Valencia, Spain.
Phone number: +34 936 403 472
Cross-Border Data Transfer
As a US-based organization, DeleteMe uses US-based providers to deliver the service. There is no functional international data transfer to processors or subprocessors and your data will remain in the US. However, you – as the data subject – should be aware that any data you provide is being sent directly to a US company that operates and provides our service in the US. Therefore, you are directly exporting your personal data to a third country. Please contact our EU Representative if you have any related questions.
Notification of changes and acceptance of policy
The Services are not directed to, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from, anyone under the age of 16. If we learn that we have collected personal information of a child without the consent of the child’s parent or guardian, we will delete it. DeleteMe does not provide services directly to anyone under the age of 18. We encourage parents or guardians with concerns to contact us.
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions or comments about this Policy or DeleteMe’s privacy practices, email us at email@example.com. You may also write to us via postal mail at:
Attn: Legal – Privacy
18 Bow Street, #55
Somerville, MA 02143
Terms of Service
Effective as of 05/19/2023
Here are the ground rules if you’re using our stuff. The following Terms of Service (“Terms,” “Agreement”) govern your use of DeleteMe, a service of Abine, Inc.
DeleteMe helps protect your privacy. Our DeleteMe service allows for the management of personal information and control how other websites and businesses display such personal information. These Terms of Service describe the terms and conditions on which Abine provides the DeleteMe service to you but provisions regarding specific products or services apply only to the extent you have purchased, accessed, or used such products or services. For more information about how the DeleteMe service works, please visit our Frequently Asked Questions.
Legal policies can be tedious, but please read up. We’ll strive to make our policies understandable. READ THIS AGREEMENT CAREFULLY. IF YOU ACCEPT THIS AGREEMENT OR USE THE DELETEME SERVICE OR APPLICATION, YOU ARE ENTERING INTO THIS AGREEMENT WITH ABINE. THIS IS A LEGALLY BINDING AGREEMENT. If you don’t agree to these terms and conditions, you aren’t permitted to use the DeleteMe services, our apps, or our website.
Things could change. We may amend or terminate any terms of this Agreement at any time and such amendment or termination will be effective at the time we post the revised terms on the site. We’ll strive to make these terms understandable. You can tell when we last revised this agreement was by looking at the “last updated” date at the top of this Agreement. Your continued use of the site or services after we’ve posted revised terms signifies your acceptance of the revised terms.
Using DeleteMe – All DeleteMe Users
Except as otherwise described in these Terms or by a separate subscription agreement, if applicable, the following applies to all DeleteMe Users:
Tell the truth. You agree that all the information you’re submitting to DeleteMe in connection with the services is and will be true and about you, not someone else. If you provide any information that is or that we suspect is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, Abine has the right to suspend or terminate your subscription and refuse any and all current or future use of your subscription.
Your data is yours. You retain ownership over all the personal information that you submit to the DeleteMe service, and Abine will never sell it. To fulfil your opt-out requests, we have to send your information to data brokers, which necessarily requires sharing your data with them. We can’t control how these third-party data brokers will treat your personal information, although it is only provided to them so they can opt you out of their public databases.
Adults only. This service is meant to be used by adults only (18+) for themselves, or on behalf of a minor for whom they are the parent or legal guardian.
We’ll try hard. DeleteMe allows subscribers like you to request that third party websites, such as data brokers and information aggregators, remove or suppress your personal information from their websites. You recognize that DeleteMe will use good faith, reasonable efforts to help you submit these opt-out requests, but that we cannot guarantee that third parties will honor the requests or remove your data.
It’s unlikely, but bad things could happen. You acknowledge that your use of the DeleteMe service may have unintended consequences, possibly including direct, special, indirect, consequential and other damages, and you agree that you won’t hold Abine liable for these consequences. (In English, not legalese: let’s say that you have a long-lost brother who’s looking for you via Intelius. Because we deleted you from Intelius, it takes him much longer to find you. You agree that you won’t sue us because you lost the opportunity to spend more time with your brother.) Also, because lawyers often make a lot of clever arguments, you agree regardless of any claim you or lawyer comes up with the most you could ever recover in any claim brought by you against Abine is the total amount of fees you actually paid to Abine over the entire time you used the DeleteMe service.
Don’t sue us because of DeleteMe. You will indemnify and hold harmless Abine, its parents, subsidiaries, customers, vendors, officers, and employees from any liability, damage or cost from any claim or demand associated with your use of the DeleteMe service or site.
You’re letting us do the work of removing your personal info from data broker websites. You grant Abine a Limited Power of Attorney to act on your behalf for the purposes of performing the DeleteMe service to control your personal information online, including submitting opt-out requests to and communicating with third-party websites like data brokers or aggregators or other parties who have control over this content, signing opt-out documents, creating accounts for you, and any other action Abine reasonably deems necessary to remove, suppress, or opt-out your personal information from unwanted sources in fulfillment of your order. This Limited Power of Attorney will remain in full force and effect until you cancel your service with Abine.
Data brokers change, so DeleteMe might change too. You acknowledge that DeleteMe’s removal list depends on the listed websites’ opt-out procedures and business practices and thus is subject to change. DeleteMe will not remove all of your information from the Internet. As such, the DeleteMe service, content and site are provided on an “as is” basis, without warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including, without limitation, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement. Consistent with what we stated above regarding damages, you agree that in any event, Abine’s liability is limited to fees you actually paid to Abine.
If something crazy happens, it’s not our fault. You acknowledge that Abine will not be liable for any failure to comply with these Terms to the extent that such failure arises from factors outside Abine’s reasonable control, like natural disasters.
Your Organization may have some obligations. Organizations using DeleteMe who are located in Europe, and are subject to the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), act as data controller with DeleteMe as their data processor. Our Organization customers must comply with applicable data protection laws, e.g., gathering consent from employees in a documented form where required by law. Abine is not liable for any unlawful processing or data sharing that occurs as a result of, for example, missing consent(s) or other non-compliance with the applicable data protection laws.
Your employer may have some obligations. Companies and other organizations who purchase DeleteMe, are located in Europe, and are subject to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), act as Data Controller with Abine, Inc. as their Data Processor. Our clients must comply with applicable data protection laws. For example they must gather consent from their employees or other end users in a documented form where required by law. Abine is not liable for any unlawful processing or data sharing that occurs as a result of missing consents or other non-compliance with the applicable data protection laws.
Please don’t steal our stuff. All the text, images, marks, logos, compilations (meaning the collection, arrangement, and assembly of information) and other content on Abine’s website (“Site Content”), and all software embodied in Abine’s website, applications, or otherwise (“Software”) used by to deliver the Services is proprietary to us. Except as otherwise expressly permitted by these Terms, any use, redistribution, sale, decompilation, reverse engineering, disassembly, translation, or other reduction of such software to human-readable form is prohibited. The text marks “ABINE,” “ONLINE PRIVACY STARTS HERE,” “DELETEME,” “DONOTTRACKME,” and “MASKME,” as well as their associated logos, are our trademarks, and you may not use them in connection with any service or products other than those we provide in any manner that is likely to cause confusion among customers, or in any manner that disparages or discredits Abine (although we’re happy to have you use our Site Content for noncommercial, educational, or news-related use if you properly attribute it to us). Any use of such marks will apply to the benefit of their respective owners.
Use our tools and services for good, not evil, or we’ll kick you out. We don’t allow our Site or Services to be used for illegal activities or activities that we find improper for any reason whatsoever. We reserve the right to take preventative or corrective actions to protect ourselves and our users from anyone’s unacceptable use. Your failure to comply with our Terms may result in us terminating your access to and use of our site and services. You are not to:
- Impersonate anyone, falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity, or knowingly provide any fraudulent, misleading, or inaccurate information;
- Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten, or otherwise violate others’ rights, including without limitation others’ privacy rights or rights of publicity;
- Access or use (or attempt to access or use) another user’s account without permission;
- Transmit any software or materials that contain any viruses, worms, trojan horses, defects, or other items or computer code of a destructive nature;
- Modify, adapt, sublicense, translate, sell, reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble any portion of the site or services;
- “Frame” or “mirror” any portion of the Site or Services;
- Use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application, or other manual or automatic device or process to retrieve, index, data mine, or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of our site or services;
- Harvest or collect any other users’ information from the site or our services;
- Use our site or services for any illegal activity; or
- Probe, scan or test the vulnerability of our site or services, breach their security or authentication measures, or take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our site infrastructure.
We’ll charge you for your subscription. You acknowledge that you’re registering for a recurring subscription and will be automatically billed at the end of the subscription billing cycle.
You have the right to cancel your DeleteMe subscription at any time, for any reason, and can do so by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or calling us at 833-335-3836. You are entitled to a full refund if you cancel before your first DeleteMe Privacy Report. If you cancel anytime after your first DeleteMe Privacy Report, you are entitled to a prorated refund based on the time remaining in your DeleteMe subscription. Upon canceling your DeleteMe subscription, Abine will cease any future billing. This refund policy does not apply if we’ve terminated your account for misuse outlined in this Agreement. Any termination of your use of the DeleteMe service, whether initiated by you or by Abine, won’t affect any of your or Abine’s rights and obligations under these Terms that have arisen before the effective date of such termination.
We’re from Massachusetts, so that’s where we’ll go to court if we ever get on each other’s nerves. You and Abine agree that all matters arising from or relating to the use and operation of our site or services will be governed by the substantive laws of Massachusetts. You agree that all claims you may have arising from or relating to the operation, use, or other exploitation of the DeleteMe service will be heard and resolved in the federal and state courts located in Massachusetts. You consent to the personal jurisdiction of such courts over you, stipulate to the fairness and convenience of proceeding in such courts, and covenant not to assert any object to proceeding in such courts. If you choose to gain access to our site or services from locations other than Massachusetts, which is likely, you will also be responsible for complying with all local laws of any such other location. Finally, you won’t ever use the our site or services in violation of U.S. export laws or regulations.
DeleteMe Subscription Agreement. If you enrolled in our DeleteMe service and your Organization pays for your DeleteMe membership, payment terms for your use of the DeleteMe service is governed under the subscription agreement your Organization has entered into with Abine. Contact email@example.com for help or further information.
Effective as of 05/19/2023.
The DeleteMe Refer-a-Friend program is part of the Service that allows existing DeleteMe Users to receive a $50 Amazon.com gift card for referring friends and family to open new accounts with DeleteMe.
Am I eligible to make referrals?
You can participate in the Refer-a-Friend program if:
- You’re a DeleteMe User (including Individual Users and Employee Users).
- You have a DeleteMe account.
The Refer-a-Friend program isn’t available to:
- Government customers
- DeleteMe employees
- Anyone participating in another DeleteMe reward program, such as our affiliate program
- Anyone using paid media to generate Referrals
Who can I refer and what do they need to do?
You can refer anyone who hasn’t had DeleteMe service within the previous 90 days, and your friend and family must accept your referral before activating with DeleteMe to qualify.
To qualify as a referral, your friends and family must:
- Accept your referral within 30 days by: following your unique referral link to a website and completing the referral form and activating a new account.
- Maintain service in good standing (active and current) for 30 days after account activation.
How it works
Send a Referral
- Go to https://joindeleteme.com/delete-me/user/profile/referral
- Log into your DeleteMe account
- From the Refer-a-Friend Dashboard, you can share your unique referral link by:
- Copying and pasting the link into a SMS
- Sharing the link via email, Facebook post, or Twitter
- The link embeds a discount code for your Referral to enjoy
- After sending your referral, you’ll receive emails letting you know when your referral signs up for DeleteMe service and when your reward is on the way!
Check referral status
- Go to https://joindeleteme.com/delete-me/user/profile/referral
- Click Get Started.
- Enter your DeleteMe login credentials.
- Click Refer Now.
- From the Refer-a-Friend Dashboard, you can see your referral:
- Successful: Your friend has signed up for DeleteMe service, your referral has been validated and you’ve been sent a $50 Amazon.com gift card.
- Pending: Your friend has signed up for DeleteMe service, and we’re in the process of validating the referral.
- Unsuccessful: Your friend has canceled or is unable to complete the order, or it does not meet the criteria
Claim your reward
Once your reward has been processed, you will receive notice of the reward via email. Gift cards not redeemed within 30 days will automatically expire.
Steps for referred friend and family
If you’ve been referred to DeleteMe through the Refer-a-Friend Program:
- Within 30 days of receiving your referral, click the unique link provided by your friend or family member who referred you.
- Sign up for and activate a DeleteMe account.
- Maintain your new account in good standing for 30 days after your activation.
Terms and Conditions
- To refer friends to DeleteMe under this program you must have an eligible DeleteMe plan and remain in good standing on that plan throughout the referral process.
- If you’re on an eligible plan, you can make referrals after registering at https://joindeleteme.com/delete-me/user/profile/referral
- To redeem a referral you must activate the card by accessing the link provided via email. If the referrer chooses to claim their payout, the referrer must apply their referral Amazon Gift Card to her Amazon account within 30 days of receiving it.
- If the referrer does not claim their payout within 30 days, the payout will expire and the referrer will no longer be able to claim their payout for that month.
- Referral rewards are paid via Amazon.com card. Allow up to 45 days for receipt after referral is complete. You can receive up to $500 in referral rewards each year. You can receive up to $250 in referral rewards per payout period.
- DeleteMe may suspend, change, or cancel this program at any time, without notice. DeleteMe reserves the right to suspend or terminate any customer’s participation in the Refer-A-Friend program for fraud, abuse, misuse, harassment, or other inappropriate or suspicious activity.
- Amazon.com® Card issued by Tremendous. Amazon® Cards are issued by Amazon and subject to Amazon’s terms and conditions. Cards will not have cash value and can be used everywhere Amazon gift cards are accepted. Card terms and conditions apply, including those available here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html%3FnodeId%3DGNG9PXYZUMQT72QK. Virtual cards can be used online or in-store via accepted mobile payment apps; no cash access and may expire. Amazon.com is a registered trademark of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. Use of this card constitutes acceptance of the terms and conditions stated in the Cardholder Agreement. Card terms and conditions apply.
- Limited time offer, subject to change.
- Void where prohibited by law. Limited as required by law.
- Qualifying service for both referrer and referee required. Must be active and in good standing when card is processed; allow 6 weeks for delivery.
- Taxes and fees are the sole responsibility of participants.
- Program is only available in the United States to U.S. citizens and legal residents. You represent and warrant that you are a U.S. citizen or legal resident, entitled to participate in this program.
- Determination of eligibility for rewards is in DeleteMe’s sole and absolute discretion. DeleteMe is not responsible for lost or stolen cards.
Effective as of 10/15/2021.
Abine values the work done by security researchers in improving the security of our products and service offerings. Data security is a top priority for Abine.
If you believe you’ve found a security vulnerability in one of the Abine’s services, and would like to report a security vulnerability, please notify us. We will work with you to resolve the issue.
- Please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide your name, contact information, and company name (if applicable) with each report.
- We are committed to working with you to verify, reproduce, and respond to legitimate reported vulnerabilities.
- Provide us with a reasonable amount of time to resolve the issue. Generally we aim to resolve critical issues from one to four weeks of disclosure.
- Make a good faith effort to avoid violating privacy, destroying data, or interrupting or degrading any of the Abine’s services. Please only interact with accounts you own or for which you have explicit permission from the account holder.
- While researching, we’d like you to refrain from:
- Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS)
- Social engineering or phishing of Abine employees or contractors
- Any attacks against Abine’s physical property or data centers.
Thank you for helping to keep Abine and our users safe!