If a data broker is not complying with its stated opt-out procedure, we recommend filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. In this guide, we used MyLife as an example. Just follow the steps below:
How to File a Complaint with the Better Business Bureau
2. Select “I’d like to file a complaint against a business, and have BBB help me get a resolution to my problem.” and click File a Complaint.
3. Search for the business that you’d like to file a complaint about. You can verify which result is correct by matching the listed address with the one on their website. Click “Select”.
4. You will be asked to fill out a short questionnaire. To file a formal complaint, select “No, to ALL of the above questions”, and then fill out the remaining questions, and click Submit.
5. Complete the complaint form. Include as many details as possible.
6. Complete the remaining questionnaire. You must agree to the BBB’s Terms and Conditions, and you must complete a reCAPTCHA in order to submit your complaint.
7. Your complaint has been submitted, and you will receive email confirmation within 48 hours of your submission.