Premium food retailer Harry & David is yet another company that likes to spam customers with catalogs and marketing mail. If you’re tired of a mailbox full of wasteful paper mail like this, then you’ve come to the right place.
In this handy guide, we’ll reveal how to remove yourself from the Harry and David mailing list, as well as other tips on how to stop junk mail once and for all.
What type of junk mail Harry and David sends
In addition to Harry and David’s frequent catalog mailings, they also send out other marketing material for special offers or discounts.
Luckily, if you want to view their full line of cooking-inspired gift baskets and food hampers, but don’t want to waste resources, their catalogs can be viewed in full online.
How you can cancel the Harry and David catalog
If you want to stop receiving the Harry and David catalog and remove yourself from their mailing list, you have to contact the customer service department to make a request.
There are two ways to make contact:
- Put a mailing list removal request in writing and send it to the following address:
Data Privacy Office
Two Jericho Plaza Suite 200
Jericho, NY 11753
- Call customer service directly to request a mailing list removal at 1-800-356-9377 (be sure to have your mailing label in hand to refer to)
Although Harry and David provide no information for how long a mailing list removal request can take, in our experience you can expect to wait up to 6 weeks before it takes effect.
Keep in mind, you could receive catalogs and other mail from Harry and David in the meantime.
What to do if Harry and David catalogs keep coming
If you made your removal request and are still getting Harry & David catalogs after 6 weeks, there are still a few courses of action you can take.
- Write “Refused: Return to Sender” on the label and put the catalog back in the mail.
- File a formal complaint with the customer service team. Write or call using the contact information above and demand action be taken immediately.
- Sign up with Catalog Choice, an independent company that helps ensure catalog opt-out requests have been processed correctly.
- Register with DMAChoice, and for just $2 receive ten years of support when it comes to managing junk mail.
- Read our guide on the different ways you can opt out of all types of catalog mailing lists.
How you can stay off the Harry and David mailing list
Unfortunately, even if you took every possible step to manage junk mail, there’s still never any guarantee that you’ll remain off a mailing list for good.
The reason for that is, a lot of companies use data brokers to acquire details on potential customers, like email addresses, home addresses, and telephone numbers.
If you want to tackle the problem of junk mail at the root cause, you need to make sure data brokers don’t have your personal information to sell—to do that you have to opt out of each data-broker site individually, a process which can be time consuming and difficult.
An effective alternative is to hire DeleteMe to do it for you. We’re the national leaders in data broker removal services and conduct the entire process on your behalf so you can spend more time doing the things you love and less time worrying about data privacy and junk mail.
Find out how we can help you for as little as $10.75 a month.
Don’t have the time?
DeleteMe is our premium privacy service that removes you from more than 30 data brokers like Whitepages, Spokeo, BeenVerified, plus many more.
Save 20% on DeleteMe when you use the code DIYPRIVACY.