Kohl’s department store is known for mailing out a lot of marketing material for new products and special offers to both customers and non-customers alike.
But, if your mailbox is already clogging up with unwanted junk mail, you might want to take action now and opt out of the Kohl’s mailing list for good.
Luckily, there’s a straightforward way to go about doing that, and we’re here to tell you how.
What type of junk mail does Kohl’s send?
If you’re a Kohl’s customer, you receive account statements and product orders by mail.
Once Kohl’s has your personal information, however, they will also send you frequent marketing directly, featuring news for sales or discounts. Not only that, they will likely send you email marketing with additional promotional updates as well.
How do I unsubscribe from Kohl’s mailing list?
To stop Kohl’s from sending you junk mail, you need to contact the retailer directly and request that they remove your information from their mailing list.
- Write to Kohl’s to request an opt out, including your name and address. Send to: Kohl’s, Inc., PO Box 3120, Milwaukee, WI 53201.
- You can also contact the Kohl’s customer service team via phone at 1-866-887-8884.
- To unsubscribe from Kohl’s email marketing, you need to find the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any email and follow the instructions provided.
While Kohl’s doesn’t state how long it takes for a marketing opt out to be processed, we find that it’s usually up to 6 weeks for such a request to take effect.
What do I do if I keep receiving marketing material from Kohl’s?
Don’t worry, you do have a few options if you’ve opted out of the Kohl’s mailing list and are still getting junk mail after 6 weeks.
- Send the junk mail back. If there’s a return address, write “Refused: Return to Sender” on it and put it back in the mail.
- Sign up with DMAchoice. For $2 get ten years of coverage and select the type of marketing mail you want to stop receiving. (Please note, this service only works if you’ve never returned any correspondence or shopped with Kohl’s.)
How do I stay off Kohl’s mailing list after unsubscribing?
We hate to be the bearers of bad news, but staying off company mailing lists is difficult. It’s because many companies like Kohl’s gain access to your personal information without your knowledge with the help of data brokers.
Data brokers access publicly available information about you online before selling it on to marketers. This process is completely legal, even if it takes place without your consent, and is what leads to the influx of junk mail you receive, as well as spam calls and texts.
Unfortunately, opting out of each data broker site individually isn’t easy. Although you can do it alone, each and every opt-out process for the hundreds of data brokers operating in the U.S. is different, and takes a lot of time and energy to do on your own.
So why not hire a professional to do it for you?
DeleteMe is the nation’s leading data-broker removal service, and makes sure your information is removed from all major data-broker sites. Join the millions of satisfied customers that have benefited from our service and enjoyed a reduction in the junk mail and spam they receive.
DeleteMe plans start at only $10.75 a month, so click here now for more information.
Don’t have the time?
DeleteMe is our premium privacy service that removes you from more than 30 data brokers like Whitepages, Spokeo, BeenVerified, plus many more.
Save 20% on DeleteMe when you use the code DIYPRIVACY.