Home furnishing company Wayfair is well known for mailing catalogs to help inspire customers’ interior design aspirations and encourage mail-order furniture purchases.
But if you’re not in the market for revamping your home, this junk mail can become tedious, fast.
Thankfully, there’s a quick and easy way for recipients to cancel the Wayfair catalog. What’s more, you can actually put an end to junk mail from the company entirely.
What kind of mail does Wayfair send?
Wayfair claims to stock 8 million+ products, from sofas to light fixtures. Many of these products are featured in their catalogs, which are mailed out every season.
If you’ve shopped with Wayfair, you’re going to receive products via mail delivery. Unfortunately, you’re also likely to receive a lot of unwanted marketing mail.
How do you cancel Wayfair catalogs?
To stop receiving direct mail from Wayfair, as well as other marketing messages like emails, you need to unsubscribe from their mailing list through the Wayfair website.
- Follow this link to access your online account. Enter your email address in order to update your marketing preferences.
- Several customers have reportedly received responses from Wayfair through social media when requesting to catalog cancellation—either on Twitter or Facebook.
- You can also try to call the Wayfair customer service desk at 1-844-598-2731 or 1-866-263-8325 to request that you be removed from the mailing list.
What if you keep receiving catalogs from Wayfair after opting out?
Although Wayfair marketing preferences may take effect within 48 hours, in our experience it usually takes several weeks for direct mail opt outs to process.
If you are still receiving junk mail from Wayfair longer than 6 weeks after opting out, here are a few actions you can take to address the issue:
- Start by sending the catalog back. If there’s a return address, write “Refused: Return to Sender” on it and put it back in the mail.
- File a formal complaint with the company by speaking to the customer service team. The department contact information can be found here.
- Sign up with CatalogChoice to receive further assistance opting out of unwanted catalog mail in just a few simple steps.
- Sign up with DMAchoice to take more control of marketing preferences. Pay just $2 for ten years and choose the type of marketing mail you wish to stop receiving.
Finally, read our guide for canceling catalog mail, including detailed instructions on all the different ways you can opt out of catalog mailing lists.
How do you make sure you stay off Wayfair’s mailing list?
To be clear, even if you’ve never had any correspondence with Wayfair, there’s a reasonable chance that you can still end up on their mailing list. That’s because many retail companies like Wayfair acquire your marketing information through data brokers.
Data brokers harvest your information online, bundle it into profiles, and sell it to marketers—or just the highest bidders—who then spam you with junk mail and robocalls, or worse.
While opting out of all data-broker platforms is possible, these companies certainly don’t make it easy. A more effective way to ensure your data security is to sign up with DeleteMe.
At DeleteMe, we identify and target several major data-broker websites and opt you out of all their databases on your behalf. We then conduct regularly scheduled monitoring every three months to make sure your information hasn’t been relisted.
Find out how we can help you for as little as $10.75 a month.
Don’t have the time?
DeleteMe is our premium privacy service that removes you from more than 30 data brokers like Whitepages, Spokeo, BeenVerified, plus many more.
Save 20% on DeleteMe when you use the code DIYPRIVACY.