Understandably, many people are uncomfortable with the amount of personal data that Whitepages holds on them, not least because it can fall into the hands of scammers and lead to an increase in spam, scam, and robocalls as well as spam and scam texts.
Whitepages is one of the largest data brokers in the US, holding data on hundreds of millions of American citizens. They may have data about you, including: your name, age, address, previous addresses, phone numbers, relatives, financial records, property details, and even criminal records.
So the question many people have is “How can I remove my information from Whitepages?”
By following these step-by-step instructions, you’ll be able to learn how to get your information off of Whitepages and successfully complete a whitepages.com opt-out.
DeleteMe’s Whitepages.com Opt-Out Review
In order to remove listings from white pages, you need to fill out an opt-out form, and verify your request over the phone. After that, your listing should be removed within 24 hours.
Speed: 2, Fast
Difficulty: 4, Hard
White Pages Listing Removal Walkthrough
1. Go to whitepages.com. Type your name and city in the search box and click “Search”.
2. Don’t click the “View Full Report” button, even if you see your own profile, as you’ll have to pay to access this. Instead, scroll down further until you find another profile, with a “View Details” button next to it. Click the button and you’ll be taken to your listing with your personal information.
5. The next page will ask you to confirm that this is your listing. Click the “Remove me” button.
6. Then you’ll be asked why you want to opt out of Whitepages. Choose “I just want to keep my information private” and click ‘Next’.
7. Next, you’ll need to verify your identity with a phone call. Type in your phone number, and to receive a verification code. After entering the code, make sure you check the little box that confirms you want to remove the listing from white pages. Click “Call now to verify”.
8. Finally, you’ll receive an automated call asking for the verification code that pops up on the next screen. When prompted, dial the verification code. The call will tell you that your opt-out request was accepted, and it may take up to 24 hours for your profile to be removed from Whitepages.
Congratulations! You have now successfully completed a whitepages.com opt-out!
Please Note: Whitepages also has ‘Premium’ listings, which contain even more of your personal information than the standard version. Unfortunately, this information won’t be deleted when you opt-out of the standard version. Check out our post on how to remove yourself from Whitepages Premium for a step-by-step guide on how to do this.
Don’t have the time?
DeleteMe is our premium privacy service that removes you from more than 30 data brokers like Whitepages, Spokeo, BeenVerified, plus many more.
Save 20% on DeleteMe when you use the code DIYPRIVACY.